Patient Info / Forms
Peak to Shore Physiotherapy is dedicated to helping you identify the cause of your pain and creating a custom treatment program that will allow you to return to normal activities pain-free.
We are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free! To make a convenient appointment, simply call us today at 705-446-2551 or click here to request an appointment.
Patient Info Form
Preparing For Your First Visit
- To get the most out of your first visit to Peak to Shore Physiotherapy, try to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete essential paperwork. Bring copies of any test results or referral notes that you might have received from your family doctor or specialist.
- Make a list of any prescribed medications you are taking as well as any vitamins or supplements you normally take. Bring along the name and contact information for your family doctor or specialist.
- It is best to bring comfortable, loose-fitting clothing such as t-shirts and gym-shorts (for example tank tops for shoulder injuries or shorts for knee injuries).
- You will meet your therapist in the waiting room and they will bring you to a private assessment/treatment room. You can expect that your first session will last approximately an hour. You will have the opportunity to explain how your injury/ problem is behaving and how it is affecting you. The assessment will include a comprehensive physical examination to determine the cause of the problem and to develop a personalized treatment plan for you and/or to determine whether further diagnostics or referrals are needed.
- With your consent we will begin treatment immediately and educate you regarding specific steps to take in order to aid you in your recovery. Be prepared that treatment can start at this first appointment and may include such things as manual physiotherapy or modalities such as ultrasound. You will be fully informed throughout the entire treatment process as you are the centre of your own recovery.
What can I expect from my first visit?
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with our physiotherapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation, your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or another medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.