Monday, June 1, 2020
We are pleased to announce that Peak to Shore Physiotherapy is now open effective Monday, June 1, 2020. We do realize that things are going to be different in these changing social times but we hope everyone has been able to stay safe and healthy. Our front desk staff are ready to assist you. Please contact the clinic to arrange an appointment. If we had to cancel your appointment, we will reach out to you to reschedule the appointment as soon as possible.
If you are not comfortable coming into the clinic for treatment we are still offering Telehealth services for those that feel this is the best option for them.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Peak to Shore Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We are suspending our 24 hour cancellation policy at this time. We will not penalize you if you need to cancel an appointment, if you are exhbiting any symptoms or have travelled out of the country within the last two weeks. As a courtesy though we ask for as much notice as possible.
We are asking all individuals not to enter the clinic if you do not have a scheduled apointment. If you have any questions regarding upcoming appointments, please call the clinic or send us an email. We will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Staff will be emailing all patients a COVID 19 screening questionnaire to be completed prior to their appointment. We also have a list of the questions on the door of the clinic.
If you respond yes to any of these questions, we will likely cancel your appointment and reschedule you at a later date.
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Peak to Shore Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other. The risk of infection remains low in this area. We are monitoring the situation hourly and changes are frequent.
The steps that we have put in place are not only for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Sanitize their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Wear a mask
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
For further recommendations on how you can prevent the spread of the diseases, please visit the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit Preparing for a Pandemic page.
At Peak to Shore Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping everyone safe and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact the clinic and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
The team @ Peak to Shore Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine